If you’re looking for a firm that will focus on your individual needs, and always treat you like a client who matters, look no further. Our firm is large enough to offer a full range of professional services, but small enough to give you the individual attention that you deserve.
We will thoroughly and conscientiously study your personal situation, and tailor our advice to your specific needs.
Small business accounting can be confusing, frustrating or just plain boring. It’s easy to fall behind, when so many other things are going on. Something or someone always seems to take precedence over such time-consuming tasks. The problem with that is that, once you fall behind, it seems like an insurmountable task to get caught back up. So, you can often find yourself in a last-minute time crunch.
If you are a small business owner who wants to keep track of the financial state of your company, but the cost of hiring a full or part-time bookkeeper is just not possible, It Figures Financial Services is for you. We will reconcile your bank and credit card accounts and provide you with the key financial reports that will tell you exactly how your business is doing. We can handle all your monthly and year end accounting needs. We remove the headache of accounting and bookkeeping, so you can focus on running your business or taking time off to enjoy life.
The best part is that we are completely flexible to suit your needs. We offer an A La Cart menu which is customizable to fit your needs with a fixed rate. We give quotes and fixed rate fees because we don’t bill by the hour for bookkeeping. We like you to know what you will be paying for before we start the work.
Tax Preparation & Planning
We will prepare all of your tax returns to assure that you are paying no more tax than is necessary. We will recommend tax-saving strategies and serve as your advocate in tax matters. Whether you are an individual, or a small business with complicated affairs or relatively simple ones, you will receive the attention you need – when you need it. Some of my focus areas are GLBT, tradesmen, sole-proprietors, S-Corps., partnerships and individual taxation.
If you are a small business, how would you like to be able to drop off your tax forms at the end of the year and go through a painless tax preparation process?? Ask us how. We always try “to take the pain out from a taxing experience”
An IRS audit can be an intimidating and complex process. If you or your business face an IRS audit, we can bring to bear years of experience in dealing with tax matters and IRS audit procedures to ensure that you are properly represented when dealing with the IRS and other tax authorities.
Quick Books Training
I have been using Quick Books for over 15 years so I decided to offer Quick Books training and consulting as well. Using Quick Books with so many different clients who have different needs, I have become exceptionally proficient with the software. I can help you customize the software so it can help you report on your business and I can train you on how to use the software. We offer the training at your office or at my office. Using Quick Books the right way will also help you save time and aggravation at year end.
Some of the things I can help you with:
- Basic navigation of Quick books
- How to use AP, AR, invoicing
- How to fix and errors
- Balancing your accounts
- Reporting – who owes you money, where has your customer base come from, billable hours, how much did you make, payroll, actual costs vs your budget, previous year comparisons and much more.
- Set up items and classes
- Credit card reporting
- Reconciling bank accounts
As a true business partner, we are available to help you deal with any business problem or opportunity. We stand ready to engage in business consulting projects to help you make the right decisions for the future of your business. Whether you face questions related to expanding, selling or restructuring your business, we have the necessary business acumen and analytical capabilities to help you make the right decisions.
Business Entity Selection
The business entity—LLP, LLC, sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, etc.— that you select for your business has enormous financial and tax implications. It is important that you make the right decision. We can explain each choice and its implications. As your business grows and changes, the type of business entity you choose may need to change also.
Payroll has become a time confusing and confusing task and we have the solutions to help. We offer full tax payment and filing services for your convenience. You can call in the payroll via phone, fax, online or your phone. We can also offer workman’s comp. insurance on a pay as you go solution through an affiliated insurance company.
Pricing and Service Policies
This may be tedious and/or boring to read, but it important to us for transparency: yup, that word our government will never comprehend!!
Here are some of our policies:
- Tax returns are not E-Filed without full payment.
- Tax consultations and first time visits, even if we can’t help you, still take our time and therefore must be billed at our hourly rate of $200.00. Payment is due at time of service.
- If your decide to return after your first time consult, we will credit your next invoice the cost of your initial visit.(the initial consult is now becomes free)
- Telephone and email consults you initiate, if extensive, may be included in our billing. If we call you for additional information, there is usually no charge unless a lot of time is spent trying to obtain previously requested information.
- Representation to taxing authorities is not included in your tax prep fee, unless you purchase the Diamond plan. Rates are $250/hr without the Diamond package
- I stand behind my work and in the case of an error on my part, shall reimburse a client for the additional penalties and interest that directly relate to the omission of income on the tax return. Any tax liability due to an omission of income is not reimbursable as this amount is the client’s original responsibility. Any claim for reimbursement is expected to be made known to me as soon as the client learns of any problem so that I may take corrective action immediately.
- Generally – but especially with business returns – we expect materials you provide to us will be in “ready to use” form. If significant time is required to derive necessary figures from the source documents (for example, if we are required to sort, categorize and add up large numbers of receipts), charges above the tax return package prices will be added at our hourly rate.
All invoices are due and payable when you receive them. Checks, cash, AMEX, MC, VISA, Discover and PayPal are accepted. All final tax preparation fees are due in full when the final tax return is ready for E-Filing.
If you drop off your organizer and supporting information between April 1st – 15th, or October 1st-15th you will be put on extension. If you have not purchased a plan and want an extension we will increase your tax bill by $75.00.This policy does not include any missing information we have informed you about to complete your return.
If you are interested or have questions on a particular tax package, please feel free to ask me.